Date(s) - 01/26/20
1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Den leader Jason
Parents are welcome to stay or drop off/pick up.
If you are not able to attend, please review #1-4 with your Scout and advise me when completed (before Feb 1)
- Show the proper care of a rope by learning how to whip and fuse the ends of different kinds of rope.
- Test: Show how to tie a square knot, two half hitches, and a taut-line hitch. Explain how each knot is used.
- Knot game/contest
- Demonstrate your knowledge of the pocketknife safety rules and the pocketknife pledge. If you have not already done so, earn your Whittling Chip card.
- Review Boy Scout advancement and how to earn ranks, merit badges.
- Building a better world requirement: We will learn about Scouting efforts outside of the U.S., specifically https://www.
youtube.com/watch?time_ continue=146&v=WP1F_l_V2I4& feature=emb_logo
IMPORTANT: Please bring your pocket knife. We will provide the rope and have extra pocket knives if needed.
Ice cream break, scripting the short video.
Produce a video with the goal to show it at the Blue and Gold banquet.